Friday, March 13, 2009

OMG! lol ttyl!

You know what really grinds my gears (yes, I am quoting Family Guy)? When people say ''lol'' even when they aren't "laughing out loud". Ya know? It's like this fake text conversation:
Stacy: Hi Lucy, watz up gurl?
Lucy: Omg! Stacy, is that u? I haven't seen u in 4eva!
Stacy: Omg I just heard the funniest joke! LMAO! Wanna hear it?
Lucy: Like, duh.
Stacy: Knock knock.
Lucy: Like, whose there?
Stacy: Orange.
Lucy: Orange who?
Stacy: Orange u glad I didn't say banana?
Lucy: Lol!
Seriously, people, that's not funny. I'm sure people who text don't find cheesey knock-knock jokes funny. I find several knock knock jokes funny, but not that one. And it's not even about the joke! It's about the fact that people say lol and they aren't laughing out loud. So why say that? You should say LIMN (laughing in my head) or TF (that's funny) or just the simple ha ha. Especially LMAO or ROFL or, which is my personal least favorite, ROFLMAO. Just in case you don't know what those are LMAO is Laughing My Ass Off, ROFL is Rolling On Floor Laughing and ROFLMAO is Rolling On Floor Laughing My Ass Off. If you are rolling on the floor laughing your ass off it must of been a fucking hilarious joke because I have never seen someone fall on the ground and start rolling back and forth, clutching their ass from a text message. Let's be realistic here.
Is making fun of people who do that racist?
To be honest I am kind of a hypocrite. I do say my share fair of LOL but only, and I have vowed to only say it when I am actually laughing out loud. Like when I ready Mylla's blog about my really fat cat getting stuck in the cat door and, unable to free itself, tore the cat door out of the door and walked around for several days stuck with a cat door around its middle until my neighbors cut it out, yes, in the case I did say LOL. But I was laughing so hard I was practically crying.
Also, I just went to the mall and I didn't buy anything. What is wrong with me?

1 comment:

  1. i am such a hypocrite (i said lol in a comment on one of your posts, i think) but the whole text message language drives me crazy too.

    ReplyDelete